Oral Presentations and Posters
The ARGANZ Executive Committee invites all RANZCR radiology registrars and fellows in training to submit an abstract for a research project at the ARGANZ 2019 Meeting. Oral presentations are accredited for FRANZCR project 2 and are eligible for the Mendelson Research Prize.
All radiologists are invited to submit a Paper Poster abstract relating to abdominal imaging. Submissions will be accepted from all registrars, fellows, other trainees, and qualified radiologists from anywhere in the world.
01 September 2018: Submissions Open
16 December 2018: Submissions Close
20 January 2019: Notice of Submission Acceptance
28 January 2019: Standard Registration Fee Applies
Before making your submissions, please ensure you read the full terms and conditions below.
Mendelson Research Prize
The ARGANZ Executive Committee invites all RANZCR radiology registrars and fellows in training to submit an abstract for a research project to present at the ARGANZ 2019 Meeting.
The aims of the Mendelson Research Prize are to promote ARGANZ to radiology trainees, encourage local research in abdominal imaging, offer a supportive environment for trainees to present their research, and provide an up-to-date and entertaining education session for delegates.
RANZCR radiology registrars and training fellows are invited to submit an abstract to ARGANZ outlining an original research project relevant to abdominal imaging. Abstracts are to be limited to 500 words and must be presented in standard format comprising introduction, methods, results and conclusion. Trainees are permitted to submit multiple abstracts.
Abstracts are to be submitted via the presentation portal (utilising the .doc or .docx template) by Sunday 16 December 2018. You will be required to enter an abstract title, preferred presentation type (please read section below for further information on poster presentations), authors and their affiliations, and a short biography of the presenting author (including place and year of training), before uploading the abstract document. Please have this information ready before accessing the portal.
All abstracts will be reviewed by members of the ARGANZ executive, and a maximum of 6 will be selected for oral presentation. Trainees will be notified about abstract acceptance by Sunday 20 January 2019. Trainees whose abstracts are accepted for oral presentation are required to register for ARGANZ 2019 to be eligible for the prize.
Trainees whose abstracts are not chosen for oral presentation, may be offered the opportunity to present a poster, but these submissions will not be eligible for Mendelson Research Prize consideration (see below for more information on poster presentations).
Why should I enter?:
- You could win
~FIRST PRIZE: A trip to ESGAR Rome 2019 (or Amsterdam 2020), including return airfare, registration and accommodation* OR
~RUNNER UP: Registration to ARGANZ 2020
- Oral presentations are accredited for the RANZCR Part 2 Project
- If accepted, your name and the title of your presentation will appear in the official ARGANZ 2019 program
- Improve your CV
- The opportunity to practice your presentation skills in a supportive environment
What are the entry criteria?:
- You must be a RANZCR registrar or training fellow at time of submission, regardless of training status at the time of the ARGANZ Meeting.
- Your research project relates to abdominal radiology.
- You must be either an Australian or New Zealand resident.
- If your abstract is accepted for presentation, you must register to attend ARGANZ 2019.
- The first prize winner agrees to provide a brief report, and several photos of their ESGAR trip, to the ARGANZ Executive for marketing purposes (online and print).
How are the presentations assessed?:
- Two members of the ARGANZ executive will review all submissions, with up to 6 selected for oral presentation. Abstracts that are of a high standard but are not selected for an oral presentation may be offered the opportunity to present a poster at ARGANZ 2019.
- Three members of the ARGANZ executive will act as judges (although excluded from judging if employed by the same institution as the trainee, or part of the group producing the research).
- The marking sheet used will be made available to all presenters at the time their abstract is accepted.
- The executive decision is final.
The winner and runner up will be announced on the final day of ARGANZ 2019.
Poster Presentations at ARGANZ 2019
Poster abstract submissions written in English are also encouraged, and will be accepted from all registrars, fellows, other trainees, and qualified radiologists from anywhere in the world. Abstracts are also to be submitted via the presentation portal by Sunday 16 December 2018. Members of the ARGANZ executive will review all submissions, and you will be notified of the outcome by Sunday 20 January 2019. Please note poster submissions will not be eligible for oral presentation, or the Mendelson Research Prize. All poster presenters must also be registered for ARGANZ 2019.
*The prize value is up to a fixed amount determined by the ARGANZ executive each year, considered sufficient to cover: ESGAR registration, return economy airfare from Australia or New Zealand, and accommodation for the duration of the conference. The winner will be reimbursed on submission of relevant receipts and documentation.
For further information or questions please contact:
ARGANZ 2019 Conference Managers - Jo Kelk
p. +64 7 823 1910